This position is focused on system integration and validation of our 5G-NR O-RAN RU platform.
- The candidate will define, develop, and execute test methodologies for validating end-to-end system level performance/functionality of 5GNR gNodeB specifically across the DU-RU interface based on ORAN specifications
- System integration and test of ORAN-RU PHY-split, FH, IOT profiles, conformance specifications, DU-RU bring up and L3 call validation with UE
- Assist RF verification team in comprehensive validation and RF conformance testing of 5G-NR + O-RAN RU
- Integration of O-RU with Keysight O-RAN studio and DU, system level feature integration and test, and investigate/debug issues with L1 stack
- Work closely with development and operations teams to clearly identify and rectify non-compliant issues
- 5+ years in system integration and test with experience in a subset of the following areas: LTE/5G-NR Remote Radio Heads (RRH/RU) DFE, modem PHY layer feature integration / performance validation on RU, DU, or UE side, conducting IOT on UE or DU side
- In-depth understanding of radio digital front end and/or digital baseband HW and SW architectures
- Experience validating DU-RU fronthaul or other digital interfaces including eCPRI, RF-baseband interface, CANBUS, SPI, I2C, AISG
- Exposure to Keysight suite of radio testing, preferably Keysight O-RAN studio/Pathwave/Signal Studio
- Familiarity with testing and knowledge of OFDM Physical layer blocks and procedures such as MIMO layer mapping, precoding, RE mapping, iFFT/FFT, CP, PRACH, sampling, filtering, fixed/floating point formats, link adaptation, massive MIMO, L1-control etc.
- Ability to analyze performance logs and assist with system level debug. 4G and 5G specification knowledge of physical layer and concepts such as carrier aggregation, DSS, SUL, beamforming
- Strong background in Matlab scripting and use of toolboxes to generate and conduct customized PHY layer tests
- Background or coursework in digital communications systems, signal processing, RF propagation, OFDM
- Strong understanding of working within embedded Linux environments and interfacing with software development teams
- Experience working with test equipment including network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Knowledge in analog, mixed signal, transceivers, power amplifiers, filters and antennas desirable
- Ability to work in a small team and drive to go beyond expectations to deliver results
An undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering is required. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred
We offer benefits that are competitive and comprehensive including the following:
- Performance-based annual bonus
- 401K with employer match
- Medical, dental and vision care programs
- Flexible vacation policy