This position involves system testing of BDS active antenna products in lab and field environments. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Definition of test plans and specification of all test equipment and lab/site requirements in collaboration with development and systems engineering teams
- Performing RF & LTE physical layer measurements to characterize system performance including under real field use cases
- Use handset and network infrastructure based advanced tools to accurately measure existing and potential network performance
- RF and OTA parametric optimization and troubleshooting involving the use of various data collection and post-processing tools to assess network performance and propose solutions to problems
- Interfacing with customer engineering including assisting with documentation and training
- Meeting overall development schedule, cost objectives and site interval.
- 3+ years in system/field test development with specific experience (HW/SW) in LTE base stations
- Strong preference for a background in wireless systems engineering, knowledge of 3GPP standards, LTE protocols and system architecture (NAS, RRC, RLC/MAC, L1, EPC)
- Track record of hands-on experience with LTE network design, network troubleshooting, fine-tuning, and optimization
- Experience in test automation and scripting languages such as Python/Perl/Matlab
- Strong knowledge in analog, mixed signal, and RF testing including experience with equipment such as Agilent, Anite, RAS, Labview, Wireshark, etc.
- Able to work comfortably with lab equipment like Oscilloscopes, Spectrum analyzers, Logic Analyzers (for mixed signal), Network Analyzers (for RF), etc.
- Experience with application layer protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP) and network and socket communications
- Exposure to network planning, measurement and optimization tools such as Atoll, Asset3G, QXDM, TEMS, Ethereal, Actix, Agilent, R&S, PCtel is preferred
- Knowledge of mobile platform operating systems including Linux, Android, and iOS
- Ability to load and execute code and do basic debugging of applications
- Experience interfacing with telecom operators’ engineers and drive testing is a plus
- Demonstrated record delivering quality products, root cause analysis, and actionable reports
- Ability to work in a small team and drive to go beyond expectations to deliver results.
An undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering is required. A Master’s degree or above is strongly preferred.
We offer benefits that are competitive and comprehensive including the following:
- Performance-based annual bonus
- 401K with performance-backed employer match
- Early stage equity
- Medical, dental and vision care programs
- Flexible and subsidized vacation policy
- Regular company-sponsored team lunches, unlimited beverages & snacks, etc.